As with most mysteries we can solve the mystery by answering three simple questions. What? How? and Why?
Minister verse 7
- Sometimes we only think of Pastors as ministers. There is nothing farther from the truth. Here the greek means intermediary in a transaction, agent or courier.
- Pastors vs Preachers I am not sure where the thought that preacher (proclaimer of the gospel) was only evangelist. Everyone who knows Christ as savior is responsible for proclaiming the gospel.
- We are each responsible for ministering in the work God has called us.
Bring to light verse 9
- Whatever service God has called you to it will bring something to the light.
- Christ is light darkness flees light
- God does not call us to hide things
- The truth will set you free.
Gift of Gods grace verse 7
- Grace - being in Gods favor
By the working of his power Verse 7
- No flesh will glory
- least of the saints
The church will be advanced verse 10
- God is not looking for superstars
- He wants a place where sinners can come and here the gospel
- Paul was about editing the church
Wisdom of God verse 11
- Wisdom of man (sin)
- Wisdom of God (hope)
Purpose in Christ verse 11
- That we would know the truth